Summer Learning 2016
Continuing Education's programs for Summer Learning 2016
New Summer Camps ...
• Baking and Cooking Camps for 9-12 year olds
• Advanced Biology, Chemistry and CSI Camps with field trips for 14-18 year olds
• STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Camp for 13-18 year olds
• So You Want to be a Doctor? Camp for 15-18 year olds
• Hip Hop High - dance camp for 13- 18 year olds
New Enrichment Opportunities ...
• Gilmore Summer Explorations for Grades 1-6
• Music - singing, recorder, ukelele for Grades 4-7 and Jazz Band for Grades 8-12
• SKY Genius Hour (project based learning) for Grades 8-9
• Spanish - Conversation & Culture for Grades 8-12
• Summer Innovation (hands on learning with technology) for Grades 1-6
Some of the MOST POPULAR courses & camps from last summer:
• Academic Full Credit Grades 10-12 courses
• Babysitting Red Cross Certification course for Grade 5 and up
• Art, Badminton, Have a "Ball" and Robotic Camps for elementary students
• Enrichment Dance & Drama, English, ELL, French, Math & Science, Social Studies for Grades 1-12
And for those who need the opportunity to recover a credit for a secondary academic course, there is still the Academic Remedial-Review program.
Included in this publication:
• Mandarin Language Program for children and adults for Fall 2016
• Youth & Children Program for Fall 2016
• Instructor-Led Online Courses (SD 38 staff receive a 20% discount; http://www.ed2go.com/richconted/)
• RISP's International Summer English Programs (contact Anita Huang, 604.668.6533, http://studyinrichmond.sd38.bc.ca/richmond-international-students-summer...)
• RVS'S Fast-Track Summer Courses (contact Glen Priestly and Gary Chan. 604.668.6371; http://rvs.sd38.bc.ca/)
To view/download the pdf of our Summer Learning 2016 course catalogue:
http://ce.sd38.bc.ca/downloads/CE Summer 2016-Apr 22.pdf
You can also find it on the SD38 website.