Blair Staff Scan and Focus Session - Pro-D Nov. 2020
After scaaning all learners at Blair, responses to all the questions were carefully typed out, gathered and collated for staff to process. Data came from an online survey that our at home Transitional Learners participates in, inclass learners survey and from the interviews staff conducted (one-on-one interviews with multiple students in their class).
During our November 23, 2020 Professional Development day, our staff looked closely at our learners responses:
We scanned for learning and wellness.
We need to really understand the experiences of our young people as learners.
We need to listen to their voices.
- What are our learners saying?
- Can they express what they are learning?
- Do they know what they need to do next?
- Are they becoming more metacognitive about their learning?
- Are they tuned into their feelings and emotions?
- Do they have strategies to help them navigate the ups and downs of life?
*please refer to EVIDENCE POSTS for scanning evidence.